Monday, November 15, 2010

Midnight Adventures

Gary and I seem to have lots of “fun” stuff happen with our girls in the middle of the night. Whenever Alexis gets sick, its in the middle of the night. When Addison is fussy, its in the middle of the night. Just the other night, we discovered a mouse in the house right before bed and were up late trying to figure out where it was hiding. (Well Gary was looking, I was being a chicken and cowering on the couch! I was so OK with throwing out every blessed thing in my living room!) Well this past Friday little did I know but another “adventure” was about to knock me on my butt. Gary and I usually end our weeks with a movie and popcorn and this past Friday was no different. It was interrupted a few times by Addison due to Flu Shot + Teething. Earlier in the day when I was getting Addison up for the day, I smelled a funny smell in the girls room. Thinking a plastic hair clip fell in our baseboard heat, I turned it off and went about my business. Gary was heading home from work early so clean after that lovely visitor, the mouse, so I asked him to check the heater. He did and pulled out a Littlest Pet Shop Cat with a burnt head! Yay! Problem solved! For once it was an easy fix! Yea right! Not so much! Midnight rolled around and Gary and I were heading to bed when I noticed the smell was back! So off Gary goes, hunting with a flashlight in our baseboard heater, while Alexis slept and I bounced and slightly annoyed little girl. After a good twenty minutes of hunting, finally he did find a hair clip……melted beyond recognition. Finally, the smell is gone and I won’t have to hear Alexis complain about the “yuck smell” again!

 

Lets hope tonight is another adventure less night! (Because I know another one is lurking around the corner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment